Throwing punches in a boxing workout class is a sure-fire way to get your heart pounding and your muscles feeling all kinds of sore for days to come.
However the benefits of boxing extend far beyond fitness. Classes at TRIBE combine classic boxing techniques with cardio and strength training elements and some seriously motivational music to ensure intense (and surprisingly, fun) sweat sessions that confer both mental and physical benefits.
And yes, you can take on this kind of workout even if you’ve never strapped on a pair of gloves. It’s really meant for everybody, of all fitness levels. Here are some incredible mind-body benefits of boxing workouts!
- Training for boxing on a regular basis can help you develop better hand-eye coordination. Boxing involves a lot of coordination because you need to be able to move around while landing punches on your oppononet (or your punching bags).
Stronger Muscles & Core Stability
- Boxing involves a lot of different movements as well as forms of training, many of which engage your core muscles and strengthens them. Developing your core muscles also allows you to balance better!
- A very important thing that boxing can do for you is to improve your self-esteem and confidence. Plus, there’s something about hitting a bag as hard as you can with music blasting really loud that makes you feel like you can do literally anything!
A Complete Body Workout
- Boxing is one of the best forms of cardio to target the entire body and see results - fast. Boxing classes can get you working your heart rate and this helps burn fat more quickly and increase endurance.
- Boxing also helps increase your overall endurance. Boxing both strengthens your muscles and gives you a great cardiovascular workout at the same time. Over time, your heart and lungs will have the ability to pump more blood and oxygen to your muslces, which trains your body to be more efficient too.